The Common Scholarship Application consist of the actual common scholarship application, activity sheet (resume), an academic transcript, a personal statement (no more than 2-typed pages, double spaced) and three (3) letters of recommendation (two from staff members and one from a community member). It is our belief that utilizing a common scholarship application will encourage more of our students to apply to a variety of local scholarships. It allows our students to complete one application, which can be duplicated, for scholarships which criteria they meet. It also exposes students to résumé writing: a skill that is highly important. The letters of recommendation will support each candidate’s strengths from staff and community viewpoints.
** Select Gilroy High School from the drop-down menu on the first page of the application **
- General Scholarship Information
- Gilroy Foundation
- CARAS Cesar Chavez Essay and Art Contest
- Gilroy Rotary Scholarship
- South County Realtors Alliance (SCRA)
- Fastweb Unique Scholarships for all Students
- Fastweb Scholarships
- My Undocumented Life Scholarships
- Latinos in Technology Scholarship
- Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation Scholarship for High School Seniors
- Elks National Foundation-Most Valuable Student Competition
- In this section you will find general scholarships and the links to the scholarships being offered.
- Determine which scholarships you would like to apply for and note the deadline, and criteria.
- Visit the site and download the information
Click on the following link for a complete scholarship List:
GHS Scholarship Summary
Essay Criteria Write a five paragraph essay answering the following: Who was Cesar Chavez? What causes did he advocate for? How is his work relevant today? What causes do you believe are worth advocating for?
Art Criteria Submit an original piece depicting or having to do with Cesar Chavez, The Chicano Rights Movement, or the struggles faced by migrant farm workers. All styles of art are accepted. The deadline for submission is TBD. Winners will receive a prize of $200. Essays and artwork can be submitted to the main office or sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Gilroy Rotary Club Scholarships and Awards Program will be offering up to $52, 000 in college scholarships to qualified high school seniors graduating in 2019 and entering their first year of college in the fall of 2019, along with Gavilan or Hartnell College graduates who are transferring to a four year college in the fall of 2019. For more information on the various scholarship opportunities visit their website at Deadline to Apply is TBD.
Each year, the South County Realtors Alliance (SCRA) awards scholarships to local graduating seniors who plan to further their education at two or four-year colleges or vocational schools. This year, we will be awarding approximately $20,000, divided among the selected finalists by the SCRA Interview Committee. Applications will be accepted from any high school senior who resides in South County (MHUSD and GUSD areas) and meets the following criteria:
1. HAS A FINANCIAL NEED
2. Provides, in a sealed Registrar’s envelope, an official transcript showing an overall GPA of 3.2 or above.
3. Submits a concise, typed 1-page summary (no smaller than size 12 font) that discusses
- a. Achievements, academic or other
- b. Awards, academic or other
- c. Intended Major and intended college/university/trade school
- d. Clearly-defined career goals
- e. Volunteer work beyond high school/religious obligations, etc. Any other pertinent information
4. Provides two letters of recommendation from senior year instructors.
5. Provides a recent photo.
6. SCRA Scholarship Letter - 2018 intro letter and application
The Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to graduating high school seniors each year. Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, and their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities. It is our privilege to award over $3 million annually in scholarships to these young leaders. Current high school seniors with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA may apply.
Eligibility: high school graduating senior and U.S. Citizen. Judging Criteria is based on scholarship, leadership and financial need. A minimum of 5 $1000 scholarships will be awarded locally by the Gilroy Elks Lodge #1567. 500 Four-Year Awards ranging from $4,000 to $50,000. For details and application please visit their website.