Gilroy High School Graduation is Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 6:00 PM
- Salutatorian/ Valedictorian Information
- Senior Activities
- Safe & Sober Grad Night
- Saturday School Policy
- Important Websites (QR Codes)
- Senior Letter from Superintendent (English)
- Senior Letter from Superintendent (Spanish)
- Senior Letter from GHS Administration
The top five highest GPA’s of the senior class (as of the 4th quarter progress report) who has completed a minimum of 5 semesters at Gilroy High School, will be eligible for Valedictorian and Salutatorian candidacies. A selection panel will decide Valedictorian and Salutatorian based on academic accomplishments and the following other factors:
- Academic program strength (Honors, AP, College level courses, etc.)
- Students must be exemplary role models, so each candidate’s discipline history will be considered.
- Community Service and School activity involvement will also be taken into consideration.. The quantity and quality of the community service hours will be reviewed. The student’s involvement in extracurricular activities such as performing arts, athletics, clubs, etc. will be considered.
- Each student will write their own speech (3 to 4 minutes) and be asked to read it to the panel as part of the selection process. The speech will be scored on content and delivery. You will read your speech to the selection panel.
- Please bring an updated resume for the panel to review. You will want to list scholarships and grants and other honors from the Senior Awards Night.
- The selection panel, which consists of administrators, teachers and student services staff will make the final decision after speeches are heard and all other factors taken into consideration. The candidate with the highest score will be the Valedictorian and the second highest will be the Salutatorian for the senior class.
Class of 2020 parents who want to form the committee please email interest to: gilroySSGN@gmail.com
- TBD -- Committee Chair
- TBD -- Entertainment
- TBD -- Donations Coordinator/Fundraiser
- TBD -- Secretary
- TBD -- Communications
- TBD -- Treasurer
- TBD -- Food Chair
- TBD -- Decorations
- TBD -- Facilities
- TBD -- Security
TBD -- General Support
This school year if senior students are assigned Saturday school at any time for any reason, they must attend on the assigned day. If the student does not comply, they will be in danger of losing senior privileges, up to and possibly including graduation ceremonies. Also, seniors will no longer be allowed to make-up days for assigned Saturday schools. Please contact the school should you have any questions regarding this policy.