Work Permit Information
Students may request a work permit from the school office coordinator. No student under the age of 16 shall be issued a work permit from Gilroy High School. In addition, all students applying for a work permit must have no grade of “F” in any class and a minimum of a 2.0 GPA. Students must also have good attendance and no disciplinary actions or incidents during the year. A work permit can be revoked if the student does not meet any and/or all of these requirements.
Email the completed application to Mrs. Mukai: email@example.com (School Office Coordinator). Once an application is received and reviewed, we will send you a work permit to be signed by the minor (do not print) and must return ASAP for final approval. All request received on weekends will be processed from Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
During the processing, your residential address must match our record, if not, a proof of residency will be required.
Academic School Year Hours: 8:00 – 4:00pm Monday-Friday
- You must apply via email. If the hours of operation cause a hardship, please contact the office to schedule an appointment.
- When school is in session, you must bring a current school transcript. Please contact your school registrar or academic coordinator for information on obtaining a copy of your transcript.
- Your GPA must be 2.0 or above. If your GPA is lower than the required, you will not be issued a work permit.
You must submit the following documentation:
- Completed application: Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for Work Permit Application
- Minors Information (Including Social Security Number)
- Employer’s Information
- Parent or legal guardian’s signature for approval to work.
- Official ID (One of the following: California Driver's License, California Identification Card, School ID, or Birth Certificate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a work permit and where can I get one?
- At what age can I get a work permit?
- Does a work permit require school attendance?
- Can a work permit be taken away?
- When does a work permit expire?
- Do teenage actors get their work permits from their high school?
- Do teenage actors have to attend school?