Envision Academy is a daily, blended learning, online learning program located on the Gilroy High School campus. Students enrolled in Envision Academy will take 1-3 classes in the Envision Academy classroom, and will complete their remaining classes with Gilroy High School teachers on the main campus.
Envision Academy provides students a blended learning environment. Students will have the opportunity to participate in both teacher led, small group, and independent learning instruction. Teachers will provide daily classroom lessons and activities to help support and guide students through their online coursework. Students will complete their online coursework through Edmentum; an A-G college approved online learning platform.
Envision Academy teachers help students with their coursework and mastery of standards based content. The teachers also provide content based lessons, tutoring, community building, and social-emotional support. In addition, Envision Academy teachers work alongside Gilroy High School staff and guardians to help support student success in all of their classes.
Students are committed to the Envision Academy program for the school year; however, they are welcome to transfer back to Christopher High School or Gilroy High School at the end of the year; or they can select to remain in the hybrid program. There will be a few exceptions depending on the specific needs of the student.
- What is Envision?
- Application Requirements and Instructions
- Why should I attend the Envision Academy?
- What does my day look like in the Envision Academy?
- Will all of my courses be online?
- Will I be able to get help from a teacher when I am working online?
- What will I be doing when I’m not in a group working with the teacher?
- Who will teach my classes?
- Are there quizzes, tests and finals?
- Does this program mean more work for me?
- Will I have any classes with Gilroy High School students?
- Can I participate in extracurricular activities, including dances, band, choir, sports and clubs?
- Will I be at the Academy for all four years of high school?
- How does it affect my other grades/GPA?
- Will my high school diploma be the same as students at the other high schools?
- Can I attend Envision Academy if I have an IEP?
For questions about the Envision Academy program, please contact your middle school counselor.
Solorsano Middle School
Brownell Middle School
South Valley Middle School
Experience equitable access to rigorous curriculum through flexible learning groups
Become civic-minded contributors to a positive community
Use problem-solving and an open-minded attitude to apply skills needed in the workforce
Are members in a supportive community that embraces the unique gifts of each individual
Empower themselves through self-advocacy