AP / Honors Information
In an effort to offer our students the opportunities of a rigorous education, GHS has developed an Honors and Advanced Placement program.
All students enrolled in Advanced Placement courses are expected to take the AP exam. To earn the extra grade point, students must take the AP exam and earn a C- (70%) or higher each semester. All honors and AP courses require signed agreements by parents, students and academic coordinator.
AP Exam Fees and Deadlines
An AP exam is ordered for each course a student is enrolled in if the student has paid the AP deposit by October 13, 2022, or they have not opted out by September 9.
Students are responsible for any and all fees associated with AP exams.
Exam fees for 2022-23
- Regular exam: $97 each
- Reduced rate: $45* each
* Student must meet the eligibility requirements AND be on the district list by December 31, 2022
$25 reduced rate
|October 13, 2022|
|January 20, 2023|
Payments are made in the Gilroy High ASB office, open from 8 a.m-4 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Late orders, cancellations and/or failure to meet payment deadlines will result in additional fees assessed to a student's account:
- Late order/cancellation fee: $50 (for each exam)
- First late fee: $25 (for each exam), assessed February 1, 2023
- Second late fee: $25 (for each exam), assessed March 1, 2023
- Returned test/no show fee: $50 (for each exam)
** Any student needing assistance for AP exam fees should see the AP coordinator. Any questions or concerns should also be directed to the AP coordinator. **
What not to bring
to an AP Exam
- CELL PHONES
- Cameras or photographic equipment
- Ear plugs
- Books, compasses, dictionaries, notes
- Correction fluid (White-Out)
- Scratch paper
- Clothing with subject-related information
- Laptops, computers, tablets
- Portable listening or recording devices
- Smartwatches with internet access
- Mechanical pencils
- Reference guides for typing or keyboard images