Envision Academy is a daily, blended learning, online (Edmentum software) program where students take 1-3 classes in the on-campus Envision Academy classroom, and take their remaining courses on the Gilroy High School campus. In the Envision Academy classroom, teachers help students with coursework and mastery of standards based content. The teachers also provide content based lessons, tutoring, STEAM activities, community building, and social-emotional support. In addition, Envision Academy teachers work alongside Gilroy High School staff and guardians to support student success in all classes. Students are committed to the Envision Academy program for the school year; however, they are welcome to transfer back to Christopher High School or Gilroy High School at the end of the year, or select to remain in the hybrid program. There will be a few exceptions depending on the specific needs of the student.
- What is Envision?
- Application Requirements and Instructions
- Why should I attend the Envision Academy?
- What does my day look like in the Envision Academy?
- Will all of my courses be online?
- Will I be able to get help from a teacher when I am working online?
- What will I be doing when I’m not in a group working with the teacher?
- Who will teach my classes?
- Are there quizzes, tests and finals?
- Does this program mean more work for me?
- Will I have any classes with Gilroy High School students?
- Can I participate in extracurricular activities, including dances, band, choir, sports and clubs?
- Will I be at the Academy for all four years of high school?
- How does it affect my other grades/GPA?
- Will my high school diploma be the same as students at the other high schools?
- Can I attend Envision Academy if I have an IEP?
Vera Gomes, Teacher
Michelle Gilleland, Teacher
For questions about the Envision Academy program, please contact your middle school counselor.
Ascención Solorsano Middle School
Brownell Middle School
South Valley Middle School
Experience equitable access to rigorous curriculum through flexible learning groups
Become civic-minded contributors to a positive community
Use problem-solving and an open-minded attitude to apply skills needed in the workforce
Are members in a supportive community that embraces the unique gifts of each individual
Empower themselves through self-advocacy